Sunday 11 March 2007

THEY HATE ME

Well of COURSE they hate you. You married their father didn`t you ? You took the place, at least in some respects and depending on your family situation, of their mother.
Your very first lesson as a WS is how to make them hate you more. That is your aim. Do not listen to advice about trying to win them round, get them to love you... de blah. You never will. That is not to be your aim. The world is full of advice books about how to be a Good Stepmother, how to play your cards right, how to be a shining example of One Big Happy Family.
You do not want that. Happy Families suck. Remember. Write it down if you have to. (This autumn the first Wicked Stepmother Diary will be on sale, so will be able to write it down in that.)
My stepchildren have hated me from pre-nup days to the present. I pride myself on it. Indeed, I pride myself on now being a Wicked StepGranny.. (Handbook under construction.)
I can teach you how to succeed beyond your wildest wickedest dreams. So hang on in there. In my next blog, I will tell you something about my Horrid, Hateful Disfunctional StepFamily.
Meanwhile,
WICKEDSTEPMOTHER TIP OF THE DAY.
Never under any circumstances weaken and ask them to help you have fun making a cake. You do not want them to have fun and you want to shut them out of the kitchen while you are making it. (You can let them back in later to make the cup of tea they are going to bring you on a tray.)
You want to make that cake all by yourself with a merry cackle so that you can poison it. Later you will place it on the table in front of them with a merry cackle and a gloating smile. Recipe tomorrow. The right old-fashioned ingredients should have them puking all night.

No comments: